Educational Workshops & Private Sessions
Fascia Release, or more technically Myofascia Release, is a safe and effective technique to eliminate pain and restore motion in the body.
Myo is the Greek word for muscle; fascia is the body’s connective tissue. Myofascia therefore addresses both muscles and the vast casing of connective tissue in our bodies.
Fascia’s role is so significant that it cannot be removed from any human condition. It is a head to toe, inside to out, all-encompassing and interwoven system of fibrous connective tissue found throughout the body. Fascia provides a framework that helps support and protect individual muscle groups, organs, and the entire body as a unit.
The aim of Fascia Release Therapy is to stretch and loosen the fascia to move more freely
By applying the correct amount of pressure, soft-tissue adhesions and scar-tissue are eliminated, freeing up the connective tissue and releasing areas of tension. In short, myofascial release through the use of rolling and trigger point release helps to free tension, strengthen the body from the feet up, reduce the risk of injury and assist in generally feeling better.
BALL THERAPY TECHNIQUE AND FOAM ROLLING TECHNIQUE:
- Application of gentle sustained pressure into the tissue restrictions
- Effective release will come with a gentle pressure (low load) applied slowly to support the viscous flow within the tissue
There are many reasons why tension builds up in the myofascia. This feeling of tightness and fatigue in the body often leads to weakness and injury. Using fascia release techniques will help alleviate tension throughout the body.
- With regular releasing, problems related to tight fascia and muscles clear up
- Decreased muscle and joint pain
- Increased circulation
- Improved mobility
- Improved balance and gait
- Releases tension
- Assists to strengthen the body
- Risk of injury reduced
- Improves general sense of well-being
The body can be assisted back into homeostasis with regular fascia release, leaving you feeling better for longer.
RECORDED & LIVE STREAM SESSIONS AVAILABLE:
- Purchase workshops and classes to download and keep here.
- Or join us in our virtual studio for streamed classes & workshops by appointment here.
All welcome, no previous experience required.
Contact Fran, your Wellness Consultant, for further information