Online Courses & Private Sessions
Your Core is a complex system of muscles, the “power house” from where all movement begins.
It is crucial to functional movement, aids in injury prevention, supports your spine and assists to align your posture. However, it is often ignored when we exercise.
Many people think that to strengthen their core they need to do loads of crunches to get great abs. This couldn’t be further from the truth! In our workshop series we will show you how to strengthen your core muscles without 1000 repetitions of grueling gym-crunches.
Your core is fundamental to ALL your movement. It informs your overall health!
Some of the functions of the core include:
- Joint/segment stabilisation (e.g. stabilises trunk while arms & legs move)
- Postural control
- Movement generation & energy transfer
- Supports the spine
- Strengthens the back muscles
- Aids in prevention of injuries
- Makes it possible & easier to do most physical activities
- Especially NB for athletes: helps reduce fatigue, improves endurance & avoids injuries
- Assists with balance & co-ordination
- Supports & connects front fascia line
When our core is weak we may experience one or more of the following:
- Spinal disc compression
- Poor posture
- Back pain/injuries
- Incorrect posture leading to pain/injuries
- Misaligned joints leading to pain/injuries
- Overcompensation leading to pain/injuries
- Poor movement
- Poor breathing / respiratory function
The body can be assisted back into homeostasis with regular core strengthening exercises, leaving you feeling better for longer.
RECORDED & LIVE SESSIONS AVAILABLE:
- Purchase courses & classes to download and keep here.
- Or join us in our virtual studio for streamed classes & courses by appointment here.
All welcome, no previous experience required.
Contact Fran, your Wellness Consultant, for further information